To kick off the year, teachers are invited and strongly encouraged to attend the annual GNOSEF Teacher Workshop on Saturday, August 25th, from 9:00am to 2:00pm at Tulane University – Lindy Boggs Center Room 104 (building 15 on the campus map). There is no charge, but you must register below by Wednesday, August 22nd, as lunch will be served and we need a head count.
This year’s topics include:
- Setting Up You School Fair For Success! – Learn tips to make setting up and running your own school science fair a successful endeavor.
- The Inquiry and Engineering Design Processes – Take a deep dive into these two processes and how they can be used by your students’ and in your classroom.
- Basic Data Analysis and Statistics for Science Fair Projects – Help your students understand their experimental results and make their projects stronger by performing effective statistical analysis of data.
- Students’ Research Plan and Writing Style – What should students include in their Research Plan and in their Research Paper?
- From the Judges’ Perspective – What are judges looking for, and what typically makes a project stand out to the judges.
- The What, When and How of Required Forms – Get assistance with knowing what forms need to be submitted along with timelines, ISEF changes for 2019, and how to use the Box platform.